Doing intergenerational ministry in your church or faith community?
Trying to start but don’t know where to begin?
Trying to make the jump from ‘children’s talk time’ to truly intergenerationally engaging space in your service?
Trying to shift the culture of your community from ‘craft’ to ‘theologically robust BUT STILL ENGAGING’ creative expression?
Looking for different ways to pray or read the Bible in your community gathering?
Join us for our ministry development workshops across 2021, focussing on the ‘how to’ of developing and modifying intergenerational content for your gathering.
Join us every month, or jump into the sessions that really catch your interest, with the series culminating with a retreat in August!
The monthly workshop sessions will centre around ‘having a go’ at different types of intergenerational engagements, identifying the key components of the activity, and then participating in practical workshopping for your individual context. The emphasis is skills development that can be applied to many resources.
Each two hour session will include:
- Practical, workshopped examples of content developed from Isaiah, as seen in Seeking Shalom resource book.
- Facilitated development and modification collaboration time using the Key Questions Rubric
- Access to the online Community of Practice space
The retreat will focus on:
- Revisiting some content and sharing our experiences of implementing them in our contexts, with an emphasis on sharing what worked or didn’t work and developing our collective wisdom
- Facilitated creation time
- Plenty of eating and drinking time
- Loads of coffee
- Sunday collaborative gathering – an opportunity to lead each other, and be led, and be nourished in our ministry
Thursday 18th – Workshop 1 (completed)